Helmes is growing!
We are hiring a mid-level Data Engineer, who will cover the full spectrum of data services. You will be creating ETL processes, data models and setting up data warehouses. You will also gather requirements from customers and build visual reporting dashboards.
We are not stuck on specific tools and will use whatever fits the purpose for each project. This means you will gain a lot of experience.Apply
You are a great addition to the team with
- At least 1 year experience in building ETL processes and setting up data warehouses
- Good SQL knowledge
- Willingness to learn data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Google Looker
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Analytical mindset
- Ability and willingness to communicate to customers to clarify requirements and build solutions.
- You are located in EU, preferrably Estonia, Latvia or Poland
Nice to haves
- Higher education in IT/Statistics/Data Science or similar
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience with Power BI
You will be doing
- Setting up ETL/ELT processes using Python script-based solutions such as Databricks, and GUI based tools
- Setting up data warehouses, both on cloud and on premises
- Creating data models
- Creating visualizations on platforms such as Power BI
- Conducting meetings with customers gathering requirements and proposing solutions.
- Learning and improving
Projects you will be involved in
- We work with different customers from different domains
- One day, you may spend time building marketing visualizations
- Another day, you may be optimizing data models for a bank
- On a third day, you may be importing logistics data to data warehouse
- We try to keep variance in the projects
What is to expect at Helmes
- Opportunity to work with interesting data sets, various clients and challenging international projects
- Insight into different tools on Google, AWS and Azure clouds, as well as on-premises solutions
- Opportunity to use scripting, Python, but also GUI-based ETL tools
- A large degree of autonomy and a chance to take responsibility
- An experienced mentor who will guide you and provide you feedback for fast development
- Absolute minimum amount of bureaucracy, being part of a small agile team
- All the benefits of a modern workplace, including private health insurance
- Possibility to work from home office for a large portion of your time. Coming to the office is totally fine too!
- Free parking in Ülemiste City
- Read why Helmes is a great place to work
Join our talented Data team!Apply Here